Hartford Chorale is celebrating our 50th anniversary season in 2021-2021
View our long history in the community by clicking on the graphic
The Chorale performs works ranging in style from quiet a capella motets to great oratorios and everything in between – classic to contemporary.
Over the years, the Chorale has given critically acclaimed performances of major choral/orchestral masterworks.
Our most popular offering is our near-annual performance of Handel’s Messiah. Across our 50 seasons, we have performed from selected movements to most of this masterpiece in 42 of our 50 seasons, under the baton of 12 unique and talented conductors.
Some of our other “greatest hits” include:
- Bach – St. John Passion, Mass in B Minor, Christmas Oratorio
- Beethoven – Missa Solemnis, Symphony No. 9 (Choral), Mass in C, Choral Fantasy
- Berlioz – Te Deum
- Bernstein – Chichester Psalms
- Brahms – Requiem
- Brubeck – Joy in the Morning
- Durufle – Requiem, Op. 9
- McCartney – Liverpool Oratorio
- Mozart – Requiem, Mass in C
- Orff – Carmina Burana
- Prokofiev – Alexander Nevsky
- Rutter – Gloria, Requiem
- Vaughan Williams – Hodie, Dona Nobis Pacem
- Verdi – Requiem, Aida (with Connecticut Opera)
- Xian Xinghai – Yellow River Cantata
We have premiered works by Dave Brubeck, Raphael Fusco, and West Hartford composer Edward Diemente
We have commissioned works from Alice Parker, Fred Tillis, Dan Campolieta, Sarah Meneely Kyder, and Scott Perkins (for our 50th Anniversary)