Message to Membership – May 26, 2022
**All attachments can be found on the Members page**
From the Music Director …
Congratulations on an outstanding 50th anniversary concert, and thank you for your intense devotion to and support of the project. I believe that “Mission Accomplished” applies in many ways and that the Chorale’s important impact upon the community was made manifest in countless ways. As I look to leading my final rehearsal with the Chorale on Tuesday, May 31, I thank all who are honoring their commitment to this important concert, the season’s end not only for us but for the Hartford Symphony. It is important that we present our very best to that large audience that continues to attend these concerts.
From the Board President …
Dear Hartford Chorale,
Congratulations to everyone for an excellent week last week. After more than two years away, performing live and at the Bushnell all seems like a fantastic dream to me. Every committee worked extremely hard, and I am very grateful.
Looking ahead, we have a series of important dates and events coming up. We will be celebrating the Maestro’s retirement on June 15. Our all-important golf tournament is on June 27. Please keep your ear to the ground on the annual meeting which will be held virtually. The EC meets next week, and that date will be finalized then.
Tuesday’s rehearsal will be significant, as it will be our beloved Maestro’s final rehearsal with us. It will be bittersweet indeed. Until I see you all again, Have w wonderful week and weekend.
Maestro Coffey’s Retirement Dinner …
- WHEN: The event is on Wednesday, June 15, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
- WHERE: The Parish Hall at St. James’s Episcopal Church, 1018 Farmington Avenue, West Hartford, CT (our regular rehearsal space).
- ATTENDANCE: There is limited space and therefore RSVPs are essential. Sorry – no “plus ones” due to space limitations. Reservations will be taken on a first come first served basis.
- RSVP to the office by end of business on Tuesday, June 7 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
From the Golf/Auction Committee …
Save the date on Monday, June 27, for our biggest fundraising event of the year – The Annual Hartford Chorale Classic Golf Tournament and Online Auction!
- The Tournament will be played at Blackledge Country Club in Hebron, CT.
- Scramble Format.
- Registration at 9:00 AM and Shotgun start at 10:00 AM.
- Price – $125 per player, lunch included.
- After golf – join us for a Happy Hour where we can brag about our scores and take part in a Teacup raffle. Follow the link below to register your foursome.
Online Auction starts June 13th. More details to follow.
SPONSORS – Do you know or support a local business owner? Ask them if they would like a bit more exposure by sponsoring a Tee Box or a hole for our upcoming tournament. There is still time – please see the attached form or contact Joan Hultquist (email@example.com) for more information.
AUCTION ITEMS TO DONATE – Do you have something you’d like to donate, or can you create a themed gift package or basket? Please contact Dawn Bauer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check out these great logo items and …
Show your support for Hartford Chorale!
The attached document illustrates the various logo’d items we have available, sold individually or as a bundle. Starting Next Tuesday, I will have “bundles” ($40) ready to sell beginning at 6:30 pm. Cash (exact amount), check made payable to Hartford Chorale, or credit card. If you are not singing in this concert, you can still stop by! I will bring a bunch – I don’t want to take any home! Individual items will be available at future rehearsals.
Questions or to reserve a bundle – email me at email@example.com.
Thank you all for making our 50th Anniversary season a great one!
From the Office …
- Attached again for your convenience is the rehearsal and performance schedule for the Beethoven IX concert.
- The discount code for purchasing tickets for the upcoming Beethoven IX concert is CHORALE2022 (thanks, Ed Savage).
- Jennifer Phipps, Assistant Manager of Learning & Social Impact for the Hartford Symphony Orchestra, has asked I share the link below with the Chorale members – an invitation to the HSO Subscriber Event on June 8th.