Message to Membership, May 26, 2023
Message from the Music Director
As we close our this year I continue to be grateful for the fantastic work you did, not just in our recent concert, but throughout the entire season. I am excited for you to find out about next season, and all that lies ahead!
Right now, my focus is on three things:
1. new member auditions – please reach out to family, friends, colleagues, etc, and encourage them to join us. Now is the time to swell the ranks, and make sure that our footprint grows!
2. Re-auditions for A2/B2. There are a number of options to choose from, and I encourage you to sign up soon.
3. First year member interviews – no singing, just a conversation with me about your experience.
Beyond that, all eyes are on golf. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, and an easy way for your golfing friends to help the Chorale – Fore!!
Jack Anthony Pott
Message from the Executive Director
I hope everyone is enjoying their well-deserved rest! We have two more events of the season, the Annual Meeting on June 19th and the Golf Tournament on June 26th. Please see the information on both below.
A note from the social committee on our Annual Meeting:
“The hotly competitive Silver Spoon Award is back! After 4 years absence, the annual meeting is back in person and with it, the highly coveted Silver Spoon Award!!!
Dust off those recipes and get ready for this competition on June 19 at St. James in West Hartford, our regular rehearsal venue. Cocktail hour/Appetizers at 5:30, Dinner at 6:00 and the business meeting along with Dessert and the silver spoon award vote, at 7:00. Visit our website to sign up online!” Please visit our website to sign up for the potluck!
We are looking for volunteers to help with the tournament! Please read the message from the golf committee for more information on volunteering or to learn more about registering for the tournament and the buffet only (you can click the buttons below to register!)
Rest and have a wonderful weekend! I look forward to seeing you all soon!
Message from the Golf Committee
Here are all the ways you can help make our largest fundraiser of the year a success!
Mark your Calendars!
Golf Tournament – Monday, June 26th at Blackledge Golf Course in Hebron, CT
Golf, recruit golfers, come to the post-golf buffet!
-Forward the eblast to all your friends and family (or send them our flyer!)
-Register by clicking the button below!
-Register for the post-golf festivities only ($50/person – click the button below!)
– Donate an item for the auctions – goods/ services/ experiences/ gift cards/ baskets, etc. – Your in-kind donation is acknowledged and helps make money for the Chorale
Become a sponsor!
– Sponsorship opportunities start at $100 for a tee-sign. $500 donations can become sponsors of our special logo golf balls for the golfers, or a round of drink tickets for all. Larger amounts help defray the costs, meaning more benefit to the Chorale! Your generosity will be displayed on the Chorale and auction websites, on the course and in the tournament program.
– There are many volunteer opportunities surrounding the Golf Tournament event. Let us know if you can help in some capacity. It is always a fun day whether you are a golfer or not!
In just a few weeks, we kick off our golf tournament on Monday June 26 at Blackledge golf course in Hebron CT. We need volunteers to help set up, monitor games on the course, help with the auction, and clean up. Time slots start at 8 am – perfect for those who live ‘east of the river’, and continue until 4 pm. If you have one hour or 4 hours we welcome you!
Please email Joanne Huelsman for more information!
Participate in the online auction!
-The auction runs from June 12 through June 26. You’ll be surprised at all the wonderful items that are included on the online auction site. This is a great way to support the Chorale if you cannot attend the event – spread the news to others as well.
Still have questions or ideas? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or see any of the committee members at rehearsal. (Joan Hultquist – soprano, Janet Gregor – alto, Dawn Bauer – soprano, Dick Tecca – bass, Joanne Huelsman – soprano)
From our Friends
Sunday May 28th at 4pm Latin Jazz artist Harold Lopez Nussa will be performing at South Church, New Britain Connecticut.
There will be dancing in the aisles and in the streets of New Britain when jazz pianist Harold Lopez Nussa and his band come to the city! The music of pianist Harold Lopez-Nussa reflects the full range and richness of his Cuban heritage, with its distinctive combination of classical, folkloric and popular elements. His embrace of jazz improvisation is fresh, exhilarating and the personification of ritmo. HIs latest album 2020’s Te Lo Dije, received a 4 star review from Downbeat magazine and peaked at #1 on the Latin North American College & Community (NACC) radio chart. We hope you will join us for after the concert to enjoy some Delicious Cuban fare. See you then!